Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Step Into My Kitchen



Cooking is an absolute essential part of my life!  Growing up in an Italian family, I was exposed to the true essence of what makes a woman’s kitchen her own. From cooking a variety of hearty Italian meals with my grandmother, to baking flour-less chocolate cake with my mother, I can say I have a good cooking balance.
            While I sit at the table and watch my aunts, mother, and grandmother cook up a storm, I can’t help but to think to myself how blessed I am to have such incredible role models and strong women in my family. A family where the most popular phrase you will hear at the table is  “Basta Cosi”, which is Italian for enough (referring to the immense amount of carbs we inhaled). Needless to say, this has not only influenced my cooking but how I run my kitchen and one day, my family.
            With that being said, when I moved into my first real apartment about a year ago, I made sure to decorate each room with passion, style, and glamour. Of course, let’s not forget the most important factor: sticking to my budget.  My apartment is my pride and joy, and over the next few weeks I will be showing you a glimpse into each room. But first and foremost, I wanted to start with the most important room to me, my kitchen. From my 1950’s stove to my oh so treasured Nespresso machine, I can honestly say I love every piece I have put into this room.  I wanted to share with you my top four favorite items that not only bring elegance and character into my kitchen, but are also reasonable!

1.  I am a huge tea drinker, so naturally I wanted a teapot that I would not get sick of! This beautiful porcelain pot had the most adorable matching cups, which was not only perfect for my kitchen but also my inner princess. (The cups were sold separately)


 Teapot-$45 available for purchase here
Mugs- Set of 4 for $55 available for purchase here

2. I would have to say champagne is my favorite beverage. So, I wanted to find some champagne glasses that were sophisticated but fun at the same time. Not to mention the price was extremely reasonable!

Champagne glasses- Set of 6 for $57.99 available for purchase here

3.  I don’t think it can get more chic than a black and white pattern, which is why I always gravitate towards this color scheme.  These items are the perfect example of mixing expensive with a budget! MacKenzie Childs is one of my favorite house ware designers, which is why I had to have this adorable butter dish! So, when I was browsing in Homegoods one afternoon (which is my favorite store for everything home) and found these black and white plates, I was overjoyed. The dishes and butter plate look perfect next to each other! And you would have never guessed that the price of one MacKenzie Child plate paid for a set of 8 Homegoods plates! Talk about smart shopping!

 Butter Dish-$50 available for purchase here
 For plates- visit your nearest Homegoods  

4. My last and most treasured item is my pink lacquered recipe box. I found this box at a small stationary store in LA called Sugar Paper. But I fell in love with the extravagant gold tipped recipe cards that were placed inside the box. Not only is pink my favorite color, but I knew the price of this box would be worth the lifelong recipes I could collect and pass onto my children one day. 

Recipe Box-$96 available for purchase here 

I am so glad you could take a peek into my kitchen! I can't wait to share more decorating budget secrets with you next time! 

Until our next find!
xx
Blondie


No comments:

Post a Comment